January 7, 2012

Parisian excercise classes

Call me spoilt but it is too much to ask for a modern, airy, clean health club with a parking? Apparently in Paris it is. Space is a luxury that cannot be wasted in the city of lights. After having checked out various gyms in the city center and discovering that not only were they underground and minute but that the ventilation was minimal and the number of active members hefty, I decided just to continue jogging along les avenues de Paris until it got too cold.

Well, now that this moment has come, I have launched myself into joining an excercise class. The main reason I chose this particular one is that is located closest to home. Walking up to the address, I crossed two petite very tanned and VERY toned French ladies wearing very sexy purple Victoria's Secret yoga outfits. Just in case you're wondering at this point; I am on Victoria's Secret mailing list. ;)

I thought to myself: "If these ladies are heading to the same place I am, this must be the right spot."


Sure enough, the premises - tucked away at the end of a Parisian internal courtyard - were cosy, clean and well organized. It is not a gym just a ballet/excercise studio but I enjoyed the International atmosphere (a nice change from the Parisian pomp). I must admit, however, I was happy I had my nails polished bright red to make up for my rather unsexy running gear!


The class was a combination of ballet barre work, core conditioning, muscle strengthening, yoga, and orthopedic exercises. My entire body and mind was constantly working throughout class. Note that I am NOT a big lover of classes!

By the end of the 60 minute workout - and a good workout it was - I signed up for the month. I will never be able to compete with the French ladies but a day later I can feel every single muscle in my body, so the instructor must have done a good job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...